Energy and water will be the decisive factors in a sustainable, and peaceful future of humanity. We live in an era where it is our responsibility to create policies, and establish projects, which will be imperative for future generations to survive. I wish to contribute my life efforts for the benefit of billions of lives that depends on the choices we make today.
Use of solar energy to power households has grown rapidly worldwide in the past few years. Solar power presents ample advantages for the domestic consumer in the form of reliable and cheaper electricity with an average payback of 4 years. The current government is keen on promoting renewable energy in the country, as the Federal …
Importance of Energy Efficiency and Conservation for Pakistan Energy conservation and efficiency have been repeatedly termed as the low hanging fruit for achieving commitments made by countries at COP 21. Increasing cost of energy, growing energy demand, along with declining energy resources has driven countries, across the world, to ramp up their efforts in achieving …
Energy poverty or lack of energy access is one of the biggest hindrances to economic development of a country. The cross cutting nature of energy implies that it is central to securing almost all the other sustainable development goals as energy is linked to the objectives associated with poverty eradication, climate change, employment, better delivery …
I am an independent energy consultant providing advisory services to organizations in public and private sectors. My area of expertise include Power Market Economics and Regulation and Energy Policy Analysis.
I started my career at National Engineering Services of Pakistan as Project Economist and Financial Analyst on multiple public sector hydropower projects.
I have also advised Ministry of Water and Power, Planning Commission, National Transmission and Despatch Company and Water and Power Development Authority on energy sector reforms and power infrastructure projects.
I graduated from Harvard Kennedy School of Government in 2014 with a Masters Degree in Public Policy. I also hold a bachelors degree in Economics from Lahore University of Management Sciences.
Projects I have worked on:
- Rapid Assessment Study of Pakistan’s Solar Market
- Sustainable Energy for All National Action Plan for Pakistan
- National Transmission and Despatch Company Strategic Business Plan
- Performance Contracts of Public Sector Generation Companies
- 11th Five Year Energy Plan 2013-18
- Hydropower Sector Assessment Reports of Lao PDR, Vietnam, Indonesia and Myanmar
- Financial Feasibility Analysis of Neelum Jhelum Hydroelectric Project
- Up gradation and refurbishment study of Mangla Dam, Pakistan
- Financial analysis of Ganges Barrage Hydroelectric Project, Bangladesh